What Information Is Collected?
1. Personally Identifying Information. To take advantage of certain optional features or functions of the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifying information. Personally identifying information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your full name, address, or email address), and which we may refer to here as PII. For example, you may be asked to supply your name and email address if you complete the optional registration process for the Site, if you purchase a classified ad using our online ad placement service. You can choose not to provide such information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in some features of the Site. We do not automatically collect any PII from visitors to the Site. After creating a profile, if you wish to change any of your profile information, you may do so by clicking the Your Profile link on the Site and then clicking the appropriate link under Manage Your Personal Profile. We may also combine information you have otherwise provided to us with PII you submit on the Site.
2. Children Under the Age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifying information from or about children under the age of 13. By submitting any personally identifying information, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If we discover that we have received any information from or about a child under 13 in violation of this statement, we will delete that information. If you believe that we have collected personally identifying information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at the address provided in the Questions section below.
3. Non-Personally Identifying Information
b. Log Files. Like most websites, we use tracking programs that collect information about log files, including browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps, number of clicks, and Internet protocol (IP) addresses,. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet, which web servers use to identify where to send the information your computer requests. We may use IP addresses for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners, or to audit the use of the Site. We may disclose such non-personally identifying information, such as aggregated statistics, to third parties for a variety or purposes, including describing our services, marketing, and improving the experiences of visitors to the Site. The information that we collect regarding log files is not linked to personally identifying information.
c. Web Beacons/Web Bugs (Clear GIFs/ Single-Pixel GIFs). A web beacon allows the party that set the web beacon to monitor and collect certain limited information about the movements of online Web users. No personally identifying information is collected through web beacons or web bugs. Advertisers on the Site may elect to use third party advertising companies to serve ads on the Site, and they may use such web beacons to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement, in order to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. In this way, they may compile information about where individuals using your computer or browser saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. Advertisers may also place a web beacon to allow them to recognize an existing cookie on your browser if from the same service. We do not control web beacons used by such third parties.
How is the Information Collected Used, and How Can I Opt Out?
1. Personally Identifying Information. PII that you voluntarily submit may be used for the purposes authorized when it was submitted. For example, if you submit PII to request services or content, the information that you submit may be used to fulfill your request. We, our advertisers, or third parties selected by us may send you special offers and information, including by email, if you have not opted out of receiving such information and offers. If you do not wish to receive such special offers and information sent by email, you may follow the instructions for unsubscribing included within any of such special offers or informational emails.
3. Facilitating Use of the Site and Customizing Content. We may use information collected from cookies and other tracking technology to recognize your browser when you visit the Site and to attempt to personalize the Site for each user, to sequence ads and offers in a series and to track page usage and paths. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set by choosing this option in the preferences or menu options in your browser. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain optional features or functions of the Site.
5. Statistical Analysis. We may use collected information to create aggregate statistics about activity on and visitors to the Site, including the number of return visits to the Site or our advertisers’ websites, the number of unique visitors that have viewed or clicked a particular ad or visited a particular web page and how much time is spent on each page of the Site. We may also create aggregate demographic statistics. We may use these aggregate statistics to measure interest in various areas of the Site, to better design the Site and to improve our marketing strategy and product offerings. We may share the aggregate statistical information with third parties.
Disclosures Required by Law
As described above, certain uses of collected information may involve disclosure to third parties. In addition, we may disclose collected information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or when doing so is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with the law or legal process; (ii) respond to any claims; (iii) protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Owner and its affiliates, as well as our customers, users or the public; or (iv) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site. In addition, collected information may be disclosed as part of any bankruptcy, merger, sale, transfer of company assets or acquisition.
Is My Information Protected?
Users of the Site who are California residents and who have provided PII to us may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with Request for California Privacy Information in the subject line and in the message.
If you have any more questions, please email us at to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Interactiv, PO Box 613104, San Jose, CA 95161.